Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Full Color Version of the Cover

Here are the steps involved in CreateSpace's Illustrated Cover Design:

1. Complete a brief questionnaire to give us an idea of the scene you want to capture in your cover illustration.

2. Upload any images you'd like to include.

3. We'll create a cover sketch based on your input.

4. Give us feedback on your sketch, and based on your input we'll design a black and white illustration for your cover.

5. Approve your black and white illustration, and we'll create a full-color version for your approval.

6. Next we'll create two cover concepts, each with your approved color illustration and varying title designs, colors, and back cover layouts. We can create a third concept upon request; additional fees may apply.

7. Choose one concept and request any last updates to your cover. Your final cover will include the custom-created illustration, your author photo, back cover text, and unique barcode.

When I got back from a two week trip to China, I found step 5 had been completed for Where Love Once Lived. I've shown it here for you to see. To me, it still looks like a sketch. I'm not sure how to evaluate it. I wonder if this is what I'll get if I say go to the next step, or will they use brighter colors. Based on the steps remaining, this may be the final illustration.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment