I mentioned last week about finding a book that teaches authors how to sell books on the Internet. I haven't read it all yet, but I've read enough to know I need to change my website.
The message was to keep it simple. People tend to scan rather than read web pages, so we only have a matter of seconds to get their attention. I'll go into details about the book later when I write a review.
What I want to show you today is what I came up with for the first page of the redesigned website.
If the image above is not clear, go to http://sidneywfrost.com/ to see the real thing.
From this initial page, you'll eventually be able to link to:
- Events: This will be a page that will show any scheduled events such as book signings, virtual blog tours, etc.
- Media Info: Here will be links to various sized images of the book cover and the author, plus a link to press releases.
- Blog: This links to http://christianbookmobile.blogspot.com/.
- Author: This will be a page containing my bio.
- Description: This will be a more detailed description of the book.
- Review: This will be a summary of book reviews
As you can see, I'm still in the design phase, so if you have any suggestions, let me hear from you.