Friday, August 13, 2010

Kindle Edition of Where Love Once Lived Available Soon, Maybe

I created the Kindle edition of Where Love Once Lived yesterday and either it was extremely easy or I really goofed everything up. Since I haven't seen the finished product yet, I don't know how it's going to turn out. There was a point during the setup where I could review it, but, when I did, the title was missing and there were extraneous characters between paragraphs, it looked like a Polaroid shot of a screen display. I just hope that's not what the final version will look like. They said it could take up to 48 hours to complete the publishing process. I hope they let me check it before it is released to the public. I think I remember reading recently that authors of Kindle books could make corrections easily.

There was a place during the setup where I had to decide whether I want 70 percent royalty or 35 percent royalty. I clicked on the help balloons, but couldn't see why they were different. So guess which one I selected. They did say that the 70 percent is based on what they sell it for and they may have to lower the price to compete with other sellers.

There is a delivery fee of $ 0.04, which seems to be based on the file size of the book.

I was able to set a price up to $9.99 so I selected $5.99. At 70 percent royalty, that gives me about the same royalty I get for the $15.95 printed edition.

The Kindle Publishing Agreement is more than 7,000 words long so I hope I don't have to really read it someday.

There was no place to put my middle initial. I know this sounds silly, but the book is by Sidney W. Frost, not Sidney Frost. Since my dad and I had the same first and last names, but different middle names, I've always used the middle initial for everything serious. It's just Sid otherwise.

What is the status of the Kindle version of Where Love Once Lived? IN REVIEW. I'll keep your posted on its progress.

1 comment:

  1. E-Mail from Cathy:

    Sid, I just found and purchased your book on my Kindle! I am excited. ~Cathy

    ReplyDelete