Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Texas Book Festival

I dreamed of being asked to participate in the Texas Book Festival one day. I may have even mentioned it in a prayer sometime along the way. But I wasn't serious. It was one of those dreams about winning the Pulitzer Prize for fiction. A wonderful goal you know you'll never achieve.

Well, guess what.

No, I wasn't asked to speak at the Texas Book Festival or to read from my book. My name's not on the list of authors for the event. However, I'll be there showing off my latest (i.e. first) novel, Where Love Once Lived.

How's that?

I won the lottery!

Actually, me and nine other members of the Writers' League of Texas. We each won a two-hour slot at the League's booth. I'll be in t he shadow of the State Capitol at booths 122 or 123 in the exhibits tent on Colorado between 12th and 13th streets Sunday, October 17, 2010 between 2 and 4.

Come see me!

You can read more about it here: http://www.writersleague.org/events/10-book-festival.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment