Saturday, February 7, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Murder at Mirror Lake by Nancy Jill Thames



This was my first Jillian Bradley Mystery and I loved it. Murder at Mirror Lake is number 9 in a series. In this one, Jillian Bradley makes a trip to a resort at Lake Placid, New York, with her friends Ann Fieldman and Nicole King to watch the leaves turn colors. Of course, Teddy, Jillian's Yorkie, accompanies the women. Having the dog along on the trip means Jillian can't stay at the inn with her friends, but this only adds to the mystery.

Lake Placid may sound familiar to you, and it should. It is the site of the winter Olympics in 1932 and 1980. The author uses this angle to make the story even more interesting.

As usual, I suspect, the women get involved in a murder. But, or course, I can't tell you about that. I wouldn't want to ruin the fun you'll have reading this book.

Now I get to go back and read the other eight Jillian Bradley Mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment